The role of Senior Credentialing Specialist will provide day to day management for Neighborcare Health credentialing and re-credentialing systems in order to meet requirements of funders and payors such as the Bureau of Primary Care (JCAHO). Work in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve Neighborcare Health’s Mission, Guiding Principles and Goals.
Neighborcare Health offers a robust benefit package including health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement pet insurance, and more! This position is eligible for the Staff Referral Program. Hybrid remote local to Seattle area after training period.
In this position you will:
- Works in concert with the other Sr. Credentialing Specialist to ensure all provider credentialing processes are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with Neighborcare Health’s policies and procedures and JCAHO and NCQA standards.
- Evaluates the work, workflow and use of the credentialing software and recommends changes in practices and procedures to increase efficiency.
- Manages collection of data related to provider credentialing and privileging. Responsible for day-to-day activities related to processing credentialing and privileging applications for providers and Neighborcare sites to ensure providers are appropriately trained and licensed, and are assigned appropriate privileges for providing care to patients.
- Manage database application, MD-Staff (or any subsequent credentialing database), and related standard operating procedures to ensure provider’s information is complete, accurate, and up to date.
- Evaluates and maintains positive working relationships with outside credentialing partners, including health plans, hospitals, and government agencies. Ensures that hospital privileges are successfully obtained and maintained for relevant providers. Maintains provider credentialing and privileging files to ensure confidentiality, accuracy and compliance. Re-credentials providers and staff on a timely basis to avoid a lapse in participation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Provider Credentialing
Preferred qualifications :
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
- Experience with MD Staff
For 50 years, Neighborcare Health has been caring for our neighbors with essential medical and dental care, counseling, outreach, health education and more in Seattle, Vashon, and our newest dental clinic in Olympia! Our purpose is to improve health by engaging, educating, and empowering people in the communities we serve. We are looking to hire the best talent to support our culturally diverse workplace and community.
Full job description will be provided during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)