Looking for a job in the state of Washington? See what opportunities are available below. Have a job that needs to be filled? Contact Amy Tangonan. Postings cost $35 per announcement ($50 for non-WAMSS members) and are active on the site for 30 days. Postings will be automatically removed after 30 days unless renewed for another month. Please let us know if you fill your position earlier so we can remove it from the page.
Administrative Assistant – Medical Staff
NORTHWEST HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER, SEATTLE, WA
Job ID-2018-8503, Type-Full Time, Department-8700 Medical Staff, FTE-1.00, Shift-1st, Days, New Grads?-Yes
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We’re proud of the acclaim we’ve received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we’ve received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The incumbent performs a variety of intermediate level (moderately difficult to complex) administrative and secretarial duties, as assigned by Senior Management.
- High school or GED required.
- Some college preferred.
- Typing: 40 wpm with accuracy required, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Microsoft Word skills: Required, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint: Preferred, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Other computer skills: Depending on job assignment, knowledge of Access, Scheduler+, and MS FrontPage web development software is helpful. Data entry skills required; database management skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced executive-level environment.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and effective prioritization/organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with staff, physicians, Board of Trustees members, patients and visitors using a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent public relations, customer service, and diplomacy skills.
- Able to perform complex assignments independently.
- Creative, innovative, flexible.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills. Ability to compose, edit, and produce written materials accurately and effectively. Required editing skills include spelling, punctuation, grammar, format and structure.
- A minimum of 3 years related administrative/secretarial experience in an office environment is required, preferably in a health care setting. Experience must include extensive customer service, computers, word processing, spreadsheets, data entry and other software applications as applicable to the position.
- Prior experience in a hospital administration setting preferred.
- Must be able sit for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to use a telephone, computer, and calculator.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to: Lift / Carry: 20 to 50 pounds occasionally, 10 to 25 pounds frequently, up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to: Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders, Push and Pull, Perform fine motor functions, Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.
Credentialing Specialist Lead
AMERIGROUP WASHINGTON, LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED
At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Status: Salaried Fulltime – 40 hours/wk
Location: The preferred location for this position is Seattle, WA, but we will consider any Anthem location or work from home if qualified.
Serves as Team Lead for the Washington market credentialing team managing major projects and representing credentialing decisions to reviewing committee.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes work priorities for the assigned team;
- Assists in process improvement;
- Serves as subject matter expert who may be assigned major projects within the department, to include oversight and compliance of credentialing activities.
- Assists with the work flow, training, and reviewing of files prior to submission to the Credentials Committees.
- Manages SharePoint site for credentialing applications.
- Manages internal reporting to maintain appropriate turnaround times and service level agreements.
- Attends committee meetings and is responsible to present cases to the credentialing committee and to be able to explain decisions where discretion was used.
- Coordinates all research required on issues pended from the committee.
- This position assists in compliance with the accrediting and regulatory agencies (i.e. NCQA, CMS, and WA State) in regard to credentialing while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statutes and laws.
- Team lead should be at higher end of experience level and certified;
- 5-7 years credentialing experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background;
- BA/BS degree in a related field preferred;
- CPCS or CPMSM certification preferred;
- Working knowledge of NCQA credentialing standards
- Working knowledge of WA HCA/Apple Health Managed Care
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Medical Staff Services Coordinator
SAMARITAN HEALTHCARE, MOSES LAKE, WA
DEPT: MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES
STATUS: F-Time; 40 hrs/wk
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supporting the Chief of Staff and overseeing the coordination and preparation of all Medical Staff functions. Professional and diplomatic communication of key issues concerning Medical Staff Services business as directed by the Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Administration, and the Board of Commissioners to one another as well as other stakeholders is essential conduct. The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for the selection, training, and performance evaluations of the Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED, Associate degree preferred in a healthcare related field. Knowledge of medical terminology. Minimum of five years’ experience performing Medical Staff duties. Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) required within three years. Double certification with Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred. Excellent internet knowledge, word processing, and database management to include knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Credentialing software systems. Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.
POSTING DATE: 2/15/2018 (18-037)
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please go to www.samaritanhealthcare.com and click on the employment tab and select the position to apply